Beady hat goodness

Black Sea Hat

Pattern: Black Sea Hat by Grumperina
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, shade #203 (Teal), 1 x 50g ball, beads from an eBay seller whose name escapes me for the moment. :(
Needles: 3mm Addi Turbo circulars

More birthday knitting! This time it was for the lovely and talented Cairi. Some people would have you believe that all the best people are born in August. I still maintain that it is in fact February… :-P

I’ve wanted to knit this pattern for ages. I knit an Odessa hat at the beginning of last year, which was my first venture into knitting with beads and got me hooked. Unfortunately, the style doesn’t suit me, and I knew that this hat wouldn’t either. Fortunately, I have the latest issue of Knitscene, which has Kathy’s Art Deco Beret pattern. It will be mine!!

This is also my first time knitting with Baby Cashmerino. Am I very late to the party? It’s really nice yarn. Sproingy to knit with and didn’t do anything weird after washing and blocking, or grow a scary amount. I may even use it for the beaded beret.

And here’s a picture of the hat being modelled, though it might disappear if Cairi has a fit at seeing her face all over the internet. I think she looks gorgeous, though. I am not at all jealous of her fantabulous bone structure which means she can wear a hat like that without looking completely ridiculous. :-D

Black Sea Hat on a wizardy noggin

8 Comments on Beady hat goodness

1. Soo MonsterID Icon Soo
    Wednesday, 22nd August 2007 at 10:10 am (7 years ago)

Great hat — and she wears it well!

By the way, it’s actually October. :)

2. Littleberry MonsterID Icon Littleberry
    Wednesday, 22nd August 2007 at 10:27 am (7 years ago)

great hat, just her colour too, she looks really good in it…. really annoying when people can wear things better than you isn’t it….

3. Kai MonsterID Icon Kai
    Wednesday, 22nd August 2007 at 1:01 pm (7 years ago)

February definitely!!! :)

And it’s gorgeous as is the wizard! :)

4. Aberdonian MonsterID Icon Aberdonian
    Wednesday, 22nd August 2007 at 1:22 pm (7 years ago)

Gorgeous hat and wizard! And it’s January! ;)

5. cairi MonsterID Icon cairi
    Wednesday, 22nd August 2007 at 5:02 pm (7 years ago)

it is of course…august but then thats obvious and you are all so wrong :P

thanks for the hat you know I love it, I cant wait to wear it lots and lots!! My granny has fabby bone structure, if I could look even half as good as she does I would be very happy!

6. Victoria MonsterID Icon Victoria
    Thursday, 23rd August 2007 at 9:06 am (7 years ago)

No, deffo April :)
    Nice hat Sis!

7. Lindsey MonsterID Icon Lindsey
    Sunday, 26th August 2007 at 11:35 pm (7 years ago)

Ooh, lovely hat, and it does look lovely on Cairi. I’m weighing in for March, although August would be 2nd for me (DH in addition to all the fabulous knitters!).

8. Jominx MonsterID Icon Jominx
    Tuesday, 28th August 2007 at 3:54 pm (7 years ago)

Definately go with February ;) I am using DB Cashmerino for the 1st time too and I love it, it glides OTN and is so soft. Your hat is gorgeous and is beautifully modelled by Cairi.

%d bloggers like this: