Today’s post is a bit of a cheat because Lamour is blocking, so not strictly in progress as there’s nothing to do but twiddle my thumbs ’til it’s dry.
It’s yet another wet, grey day but hopefully it won’t be too long before it’s dry and ready for a FO post. I wasn’t going to block it, actually, because the lace stretches, but the neckband felt a bit narrow, so stretching it a bit widthwise should sort that out.
Can you see the loose strands of yarn at the neckline? I discovered when sewing up that Freedom Gorgeous DK unravels at the drop of a hat and this is Not Fun by the end of sewing up a long side seam. The ends are woven in, I just have to trim them off, so they’re not stopping, but just wanted to leave them there long enough to have a whinge.
In the meantime, I am dabbling with a new project.
I am not sure it’s going to go anywhere, as I’m not sure I’ll even keep the tiny amount of progress I’ve made. Though provisionally casting on 250 stitches didn’t feel like a little bit of work! It took ages! Mainly, I’m not sure that the yarn will work out because it doesn’t have enough drape. Plus I don’t have quite enough yarn for the size I want to knit, but too much for the next one down, so I’m hoping with judicious yarn saving and not leaving long tails when casting on and joining new yarns, that I might make it. Fear of running out of (a discontinued) yarn isn’t exactly endearing me to this project. If all goes well, the mystery will be revealed and it’ll be most unexciting.