Goodbye 2013

Blowing off the dust clouds to pop in for a final 2013 update. I can safely say that I won’t look back and think “blimey, 2013 was a brilliant year!”. The past couple of months have been very hard and the loss of a close relative has meant that Christmas has been a much quieter one than in the past. It was actually good to just hibernate for a week and eat (too much) food, play board games and simply be together.

There has been very little knitting of late, although Mr B’s Annual Manly Christmas Socks still put in an appearance, and at the worst of it, knitting teeny socks for the tree on tiny needles was wonderfully distracting. I don’t feel I’ve lost my knitting mojo; more that knitting is less of a priority in my life than it once was. A few years ago such an idea would have been laughable, but whether it’s because I am less involved in the knitting community, or just because I need new non-yarny challenges, knitting isn’t my Entire Reason for Existing anymore.

However! I have tentative plans for the New Year. I will blog about them, but am not pretending that I will definitely achieve anything. Certainly the easiest resolution for me to keep will be to not buy any more yarn… ;-)

Finally, to anyone still reading, I hope that 2014 brings you what you wish for. :-D

6 Comments on Goodbye 2013

1. Karen MonsterID Icon Karen
    Tuesday, 31st December 2013 at 12:34 pm (8 months ago)

Sorry to hear of your loss, but good to hear you have been able to hunker down.
    I look forward to hearing what you are up to, next.
    Happy New Year to you, and your family,
    with best wishes
    Karen xx

2. josiekitten MonsterID Icon josiekitten
    Tuesday, 31st December 2013 at 2:29 pm (8 months ago)

Sorry to hear that life has been a bit grotty recently. Hope 2014 is a good one for you.

3. Marji MonsterID Icon Marji
    Tuesday, 31st December 2013 at 5:30 pm (8 months ago)

Although it is quite obvious that I do not need more yarn, I recently made the statement OUT LOUD that I was on a Yarn Diet. The universe has a sense of humor. I immediately ordered yarn for a sweater for me, a sweater for my Mr. B, and joined a lace club. AND I only actually finished two hats last year. I am clearly mad.

I hope you are all doing well after the emotional roller coaster that was December and may I just say to 2013: Don’t let the door hit you on your way out. Tirrah!

4. Jennyff MonsterID Icon Jennyff
    Wednesday, 1st January 2014 at 10:35 am (8 months ago)

Christmas can be a sad time when we remember those we have lost but also a good time good to remember what we have. Here’s hoping 2014, this year, is a better one for you, good wishes to you and yours.

5. Ruth MonsterID Icon Ruth
    Friday, 3rd January 2014 at 12:13 am (8 months ago)

Happy New Year Kate. I’m sorry to hear of your loss. I’m hoping 2014 is a better one for you.

6. Kai MonsterID Icon Kai
    Friday, 3rd January 2014 at 7:28 pm (8 months ago)

*hugs* sorry for your loss babe..

%d bloggers like this: